Complaint against Madhusudan Mistry over pamphlet
Vadodara: The police here Tuesday registered a complaint under relevant sections of IPC against Congress candidate from Vadodara Lok Sabha constituency Madhusudan Mistry for publishing an allegedly defamatory pamphlet against Narendra Modi, his rival and BJP`s prime ministerial candidate.
Police inspector Munaf Pathan of Manjalpur police station registered the complaint.
The pamphlet accuses Modi in the context of corruption and also refers to the snooping scandal involving a young woman architect.
Mistry, however, denied the pamphlet broke any law and claimed it had been vetted by the Election Commission fifteen days ago.
He demanded transfer of the District Collector and the city Police Commissioner for their "partisan" attitude.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok