Complaint against Madhusudan Mistry over pamphlet
Vadodara: The police here Tuesday registered a complaint under relevant sections of IPC against Congress candidate from Vadodara Lok Sabha constituency Madhusudan Mistry for publishing an allegedly defamatory pamphlet against Narendra Modi, his rival and BJP`s prime ministerial candidate.
Police inspector Munaf Pathan of Manjalpur police station registered the complaint.
The pamphlet accuses Modi in the context of corruption and also refers to the snooping scandal involving a young woman architect.
Mistry, however, denied the pamphlet broke any law and claimed it had been vetted by the Election Commission fifteen days ago.
He demanded transfer of the District Collector and the city Police Commissioner for their "partisan" attitude.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- US sues Pennsylvania town for ban on building mosque
- Turkey temporarily suspends human rights convention after failed coup
- 'Don't abandon search for MH370,' plead families of victims
- Islamic preacher Zakir Naik's 'aide' arrested over alleged terror links
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP