Complaint against Trinamool candidate: EC seeks report
Kolkata: The Election Commission on Thursday sought a report from the Murshidabad district administration following a complaint against Trinamool Congress Jangipur nominee Haji Nurul Islam for entering several polling booths with a group of workers.
The complaint was filed by the Congress after Islam was caught on camera entering three polling booths in Sagardighi in the district along with several party workers.
The Congress has also filed a complaint against the presiding officers for their failure to prevent Islam from entering the booths.
"A report has been sought from the district magistrate and action will be taken based on the report. Every aspect of the complaint is being scrutinised," Assistant Chief Electoral Officer Amitjyoti Bhattacharya told IANS.
Confirming the filing of the complaint, Congress candidate from Jangipur Abhijit Mukherjee said: "A complaint has been filed and we have urged the EC to look into the matter."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP