Complaint against Trinamool candidate: EC seeks report
Kolkata: The Election Commission on Thursday sought a report from the Murshidabad district administration following a complaint against Trinamool Congress Jangipur nominee Haji Nurul Islam for entering several polling booths with a group of workers.
The complaint was filed by the Congress after Islam was caught on camera entering three polling booths in Sagardighi in the district along with several party workers.
The Congress has also filed a complaint against the presiding officers for their failure to prevent Islam from entering the booths.
"A report has been sought from the district magistrate and action will be taken based on the report. Every aspect of the complaint is being scrutinised," Assistant Chief Electoral Officer Amitjyoti Bhattacharya told IANS.
Confirming the filing of the complaint, Congress candidate from Jangipur Abhijit Mukherjee said: "A complaint has been filed and we have urged the EC to look into the matter."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites