Complaint against Trinamool candidate: EC seeks report
Kolkata: The Election Commission on Thursday sought a report from the Murshidabad district administration following a complaint against Trinamool Congress Jangipur nominee Haji Nurul Islam for entering several polling booths with a group of workers.
The complaint was filed by the Congress after Islam was caught on camera entering three polling booths in Sagardighi in the district along with several party workers.
The Congress has also filed a complaint against the presiding officers for their failure to prevent Islam from entering the booths.
"A report has been sought from the district magistrate and action will be taken based on the report. Every aspect of the complaint is being scrutinised," Assistant Chief Electoral Officer Amitjyoti Bhattacharya told IANS.
Confirming the filing of the complaint, Congress candidate from Jangipur Abhijit Mukherjee said: "A complaint has been filed and we have urged the EC to look into the matter."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi