Confident YSRCP will make a clean sweep: Jagan Reddy
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Hyderabad: YSR Congress party chief YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has expressed confidence that his party will make a clean sweep in the assembly elections being held in Seemandhra region.
Talking to reporters after casting his vote, the YSR Congress chief said, “I am going to make a clean sweep."
Jagan said this while his wife Bharti and sister YS Sharmila waited for their turn to cast their votes in the family stronghold Pulivendula.
His family also categorically dismissed former Andhra chief minister and TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu posing a big threat to Jagan.
Naidu, 65, has aligned with the BJP sensing a strong possibility of TDP making a comeback in years as its former ally is expected to win the maximum seats in the national election.
Talking to reporters, Jagan`s sister Sharmila said, “Options for post poll alliance are open, we will support whoever gives our state a better deal.”
Sharmila, who has campaigned extensively for her party, especially when her brother YS Jagan Mohan Reddy was in jail, also dismissed talks about a “Modi wave” sweeping the country. .
In her brief response, Sharmila said, “I personally don`t think there is a Modi wave in the country.”
Her brother is fighting his first ever assembly election from the family stronghold Pulivendula.
Former union minister D Purandeswari, daughter of NT Rama Rao, is fighting from Rajampet Lok Sabha seat as a Bharatiya Janata Party candidate.
In the assembly polls for Seemandhra region, chief ministerial hopeful and Telugu Desam Party state president N Chandrababu Naidu is contesting from Kuppam assembly constituency.
The state will be formally divided June 2, and is currently under President`s Rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information