Confident YSRCP will make a clean sweep: Jagan Reddy
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Hyderabad: YSR Congress party chief YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has expressed confidence that his party will make a clean sweep in the assembly elections being held in Seemandhra region.
Talking to reporters after casting his vote, the YSR Congress chief said, “I am going to make a clean sweep."
Jagan said this while his wife Bharti and sister YS Sharmila waited for their turn to cast their votes in the family stronghold Pulivendula.
His family also categorically dismissed former Andhra chief minister and TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu posing a big threat to Jagan.
Naidu, 65, has aligned with the BJP sensing a strong possibility of TDP making a comeback in years as its former ally is expected to win the maximum seats in the national election.
Talking to reporters, Jagan`s sister Sharmila said, “Options for post poll alliance are open, we will support whoever gives our state a better deal.”
Sharmila, who has campaigned extensively for her party, especially when her brother YS Jagan Mohan Reddy was in jail, also dismissed talks about a “Modi wave” sweeping the country. .
In her brief response, Sharmila said, “I personally don`t think there is a Modi wave in the country.”
Her brother is fighting his first ever assembly election from the family stronghold Pulivendula.
Former union minister D Purandeswari, daughter of NT Rama Rao, is fighting from Rajampet Lok Sabha seat as a Bharatiya Janata Party candidate.
In the assembly polls for Seemandhra region, chief ministerial hopeful and Telugu Desam Party state president N Chandrababu Naidu is contesting from Kuppam assembly constituency.
The state will be formally divided June 2, and is currently under President`s Rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?