Cong leader Madhusudan Mistry sits on dharna in Vadodara
Vadodara: A day after a complaint was registered against him under various sections of IPC for publishing an allegedly defamatory pamphlet against Narendra Modi, Congress leader and the party nominee from Vadodara seat Madhusudan Mistry on Wednesday started a dharna against the move.
"We will stay put here for five hours," said city unit Congress president Narendra Ravat.
The complaint registered at Manjalpur police station yesterday alleged that the pamphlet was defamatory against Modi as it accuses him in the context of corruption and also refers to the snooping scandal involving a young woman architect.
Mistry rushed here from Delhi last night on learning of registration of the complaint.
Denying that the pamphlet broke any law, Mistry had claimed that it was "vetted by the Election Commission fifteen days ago and does not mention Modi`s name".
He has demanded transfer of the District Collector and the city Police Commissioner for their "partisan" attitude.
"Why the Chhota Udepur district administration did not take any action against Social Welfare Minister Ramanlal Vora for casting aspersions against Congress president Sonia Gandhi, vice-president Rahul Gandhi and other leaders in a rally by insinuating that they are inefficient," Mistry said last night.
He alleged that Chhota Udepur district returning officer and district superintendent of police did not register complaint against Vora since he is a minister in the Modi cabinet.
Besides Mistry, local leaders, including the Leader of Opposition of Congress in the city municipal corporation Chandrakant Srivstava, district unit Congress president Vinubhai Patel, are also participating in the sit-in agitation being held near the statue of Mahatma Gandhi under Raopura assembly constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city