Cong LS candidate issued notice for flouting Model Code in Odisha
Kendrapara (Odisha): Election Officer of Kendrapara on Wednesday issued notice to the Congress Lok Sabha candidate Dharanidhar Nayak on charge of violation of Model Code of Conduct, official sources said.
"A show cause has been served to the Congress nominee Dharanidhar Nayak and (he was) asked to reply on a circulation of a CD with objectionable contents," they said.
A complaint in this regard was earlier lodged by the representative of BJD candidate.
The show cause notice was served under the Representation of People`s Act, 1951 provisions, Kendrapara Collector Nitin Bhanudas Jawale said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on