Cong LS candidate issued notice for flouting Model Code in Odisha
Kendrapara (Odisha): Election Officer of Kendrapara on Wednesday issued notice to the Congress Lok Sabha candidate Dharanidhar Nayak on charge of violation of Model Code of Conduct, official sources said.
"A show cause has been served to the Congress nominee Dharanidhar Nayak and (he was) asked to reply on a circulation of a CD with objectionable contents," they said.
A complaint in this regard was earlier lodged by the representative of BJD candidate.
The show cause notice was served under the Representation of People`s Act, 1951 provisions, Kendrapara Collector Nitin Bhanudas Jawale said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!