Cong LS candidate issued notice for flouting Model Code in Odisha
Kendrapara (Odisha): Election Officer of Kendrapara on Wednesday issued notice to the Congress Lok Sabha candidate Dharanidhar Nayak on charge of violation of Model Code of Conduct, official sources said.
"A show cause has been served to the Congress nominee Dharanidhar Nayak and (he was) asked to reply on a circulation of a CD with objectionable contents," they said.
A complaint in this regard was earlier lodged by the representative of BJD candidate.
The show cause notice was served under the Representation of People`s Act, 1951 provisions, Kendrapara Collector Nitin Bhanudas Jawale said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Government will push GST bill passage in Monsoon Session: Venkaiah Naidu
- Must Read: Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Freedom 251: Makers trying to meet Modi, delivery deferred to July 6
- Immigration control a top priority: Stephen Crabb who is running to replace David Cameron
- Four Indian-Americans to be honoured with Great Immigrants Award