Cong only "security fort" for minorities: Chidambaram
Sivaganga (TN): Claiming that Congress is the only party that could act as a "security fort" for minorities, Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram on Wednesday alleged that BJP never bothered about them and always thought it was enough if they got the majority votes.
"Congress is the only party that can act as a security fort for the minorities. The BJP has never bothered about them and thinks it is enough if they get majority votes," he said, addressing an election campaign meeting in support of his son Karti P Chidambaram here.
He also sought to know if any other party except Congress had brought forward any acts that supported and protected Dalits.
Chidambaram hit out at both DMK and AIADMK, saying neither party could hope to play a part in forming a government at the Centre and that a vote for these two regional parties was actually "invalid".
The FM also came down on Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, saying she had realised of late that it was not possible for her to become Prime Minister. For this reason there was no talk anywhere in the past three days on the issue.
"The present election is no rehersal election, but to the Lok Sabha. You should choose the right party," he said.
He also listed various schemes he had implemented in his sivaganga constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal