Cong sets up 21-member panel for success of candidates in J&K
Srinagar: Congress today constituted a 21-member committee for effective coordination with its ally National Conference at the district level to ensure success of its candidates in the three Lok Sabha seats in the Valley.
It will be headed by Pradesh Congress Committee Vice President Ghulam Nabi Monga. The committee was constituted by JKPCC chief Saifuddin Soz, the party said in a statement here.
Congress will contest in two seats in Jammu region and the lone seat in Ladakh, while NC is in fray in Srinagar, Baramulla and Anantnag.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'