Cong sets up 21-member panel for success of candidates in J&K
Srinagar: Congress today constituted a 21-member committee for effective coordination with its ally National Conference at the district level to ensure success of its candidates in the three Lok Sabha seats in the Valley.
It will be headed by Pradesh Congress Committee Vice President Ghulam Nabi Monga. The committee was constituted by JKPCC chief Saifuddin Soz, the party said in a statement here.
Congress will contest in two seats in Jammu region and the lone seat in Ladakh, while NC is in fray in Srinagar, Baramulla and Anantnag.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back