Cong withdraws candidates from two Assembly seats in Bihar
Patna: Congress has decided to withdraw its candidates from Vaisi and Khochadhaman Assembly seats where bypoll will be held along with three other constituencies.
Congress has decided against contesting Kochadhaman and Baisi Assembly seats and asked its candidates to withdraw from the fray, Bihar Pradesh Congress Committee (BPCC) Vice-President Prem Chandra Mishra said on Wednesday.
Explaining the reason for the decision, he said, since both assembly segments were part of Kishanganj parliamentary seat being contested by sitting Congress MP Asrarul Haque, the party did not want any confusion to prevail vis-a-vis the alliance with the RJD for the Lok Sabha elections.
On Maharajganj assembly seat, he said, Congress was considering whether to contest the seat and a decision would be taken soon.
Earlier Congress had announced that it would contest the bypoll to five Assembly seats without any alliance with the RJD.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Amitabh clears air about NDA's 2-year anniversary event, says only hosting segment on girl child campaign
- 'Banjo' motion poster: Watch the brilliant backdrop flavoured with powerful Indian beats!
- Five brilliant tips on age management!
- World's 60 million refugees need 2.78 mn surgeries a year
- PM Modi congratulates Mamata on her second innings as West Bengal CM