Cong withdraws candidates from two Assembly seats in Bihar
Patna: Congress has decided to withdraw its candidates from Vaisi and Khochadhaman Assembly seats where bypoll will be held along with three other constituencies.
Congress has decided against contesting Kochadhaman and Baisi Assembly seats and asked its candidates to withdraw from the fray, Bihar Pradesh Congress Committee (BPCC) Vice-President Prem Chandra Mishra said on Wednesday.
Explaining the reason for the decision, he said, since both assembly segments were part of Kishanganj parliamentary seat being contested by sitting Congress MP Asrarul Haque, the party did not want any confusion to prevail vis-a-vis the alliance with the RJD for the Lok Sabha elections.
On Maharajganj assembly seat, he said, Congress was considering whether to contest the seat and a decision would be taken soon.
Earlier Congress had announced that it would contest the bypoll to five Assembly seats without any alliance with the RJD.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets 2000 km strategic road for development
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Traditional Indian diet dramatically cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Carnage in Florida: KL Rahul, Evin Lewis tons laid foundation for West Indies-India T20I run mountain
- Over 34,500 criminals sentenced in 1 year in UP: DGP(Prosecution)
- Venezuela sends opposition leader back to jail, expels Ecuadoran lawmakers
- Burhan Wani's father meets Sri Sri Ravi Shankar