Cong withdraws candidates from two Assembly seats in Bihar
Patna: Congress has decided to withdraw its candidates from Vaisi and Khochadhaman Assembly seats where bypoll will be held along with three other constituencies.
Congress has decided against contesting Kochadhaman and Baisi Assembly seats and asked its candidates to withdraw from the fray, Bihar Pradesh Congress Committee (BPCC) Vice-President Prem Chandra Mishra said on Wednesday.
Explaining the reason for the decision, he said, since both assembly segments were part of Kishanganj parliamentary seat being contested by sitting Congress MP Asrarul Haque, the party did not want any confusion to prevail vis-a-vis the alliance with the RJD for the Lok Sabha elections.
On Maharajganj assembly seat, he said, Congress was considering whether to contest the seat and a decision would be taken soon.
Earlier Congress had announced that it would contest the bypoll to five Assembly seats without any alliance with the RJD.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months