Congress abusing Modi in face of looming poll debacle: BJP
Hyderabad: Congress and its allies were using abusive language against BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi as they had been demoralised by the prospect of defeat, the saffron party said here on Sunday.
Speaking to reporters, BJP spokesperson Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said, "Out of fear of defeat and due to depression of (looming) defeat...Congress and some of its allies are trying to divert attention from the real issues of good governance, development and prosperity and are using very abusive language against Modi."
"A fashion parade" was going on in which Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi, Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav, BSP supremo Mayawati and TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao were using abusive language against Modi, Naqvi said.
"They should understand that Congress is destroying decorum and dignity. Congress has got demoralised even before election results are out. It is the political downfall as well and moral decline of that party.
"The major issue of the 2014 elections is GDP - Good governance, Development and Prosperity. It is not the GDP of Manmohan Singh or Sonia Gandhi. It is the GDP of Modi and Bharatiya Janata Party," he said.
"Congress president Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi and Priyanka Gandhi, all are behaving as if they were in opposition in the last ten years and we were in power."
NDA will win more than 350 seats, he claimed.
Reacting to a query on yoga guru Ramdev`s controversial remarks that Rahul Gandhi visited Dalit homes for "honeymoon and picnic", Naqvi said, "We do not agree with his statement. After Ramdev expressed apology, this issue is closed."
To another query, the BJP leader said, "Sonia Gandhi was
the super Prime Minister and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was on deputation. Neither Sonia Gandhi nor Congress can run away from their accountability (about corruption)."
On Priyanka Gandhi`s comment that a 56-inch chest was not needed to run the country but "a big heart" was, Naqvi said she was avoiding real issues and only attacking Modi. Congress had launched her at a wrong time, "when it is a sinking ship", he said.
On Congress`s promise of reservation for Muslims, he said such promises were made only at the time of elections.
On Congress leaders talking about extending support to the Tthird Front, Naqvi claimed it was an admission that Congress would be out of power. "It is to be seen if they would be really in a position to give any support post-elections."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead