Congress abusing Modi in face of looming poll debacle: BJP
Hyderabad: Congress and its allies were using abusive language against BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi as they had been demoralised by the prospect of defeat, the saffron party said here on Sunday.
Speaking to reporters, BJP spokesperson Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said, "Out of fear of defeat and due to depression of (looming) defeat...Congress and some of its allies are trying to divert attention from the real issues of good governance, development and prosperity and are using very abusive language against Modi."
"A fashion parade" was going on in which Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi, Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav, BSP supremo Mayawati and TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao were using abusive language against Modi, Naqvi said.
"They should understand that Congress is destroying decorum and dignity. Congress has got demoralised even before election results are out. It is the political downfall as well and moral decline of that party.
"The major issue of the 2014 elections is GDP - Good governance, Development and Prosperity. It is not the GDP of Manmohan Singh or Sonia Gandhi. It is the GDP of Modi and Bharatiya Janata Party," he said.
"Congress president Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi and Priyanka Gandhi, all are behaving as if they were in opposition in the last ten years and we were in power."
NDA will win more than 350 seats, he claimed.
Reacting to a query on yoga guru Ramdev`s controversial remarks that Rahul Gandhi visited Dalit homes for "honeymoon and picnic", Naqvi said, "We do not agree with his statement. After Ramdev expressed apology, this issue is closed."
To another query, the BJP leader said, "Sonia Gandhi was
the super Prime Minister and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was on deputation. Neither Sonia Gandhi nor Congress can run away from their accountability (about corruption)."
On Priyanka Gandhi`s comment that a 56-inch chest was not needed to run the country but "a big heart" was, Naqvi said she was avoiding real issues and only attacking Modi. Congress had launched her at a wrong time, "when it is a sinking ship", he said.
On Congress`s promise of reservation for Muslims, he said such promises were made only at the time of elections.
On Congress leaders talking about extending support to the Tthird Front, Naqvi claimed it was an admission that Congress would be out of power. "It is to be seen if they would be really in a position to give any support post-elections."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket