Congress accuses KMC of denying permission to Rahul Gandhi`s meeting
Kolkata: The Congress on Monday alleged the Trinamool Congress-controlled Kolkata Municipal Corporation denied permission to hold an election meeting at Park Circus maidan here on May 8 to be addressed by party vice-president Rahul Gandhi.
"The KMC`s decision not to give permission to the meeting is politically-motivated," state Congress leader Pradip Ghosh alleged.
KMC mayor-in-council (parks) Debasish Kumar, when asked, said that earlier a political party had wanted to hold election meeting at Park Circus, but permission was not granted.
He said, "The EC told KMC that since permission was not given to one party, other parties should also not be given permission to hold meetings there. We will give permission to Congress for holding a meeting on any other ground", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'