Congress accuses KMC of denying permission to Rahul Gandhi`s meeting
Kolkata: The Congress on Monday alleged the Trinamool Congress-controlled Kolkata Municipal Corporation denied permission to hold an election meeting at Park Circus maidan here on May 8 to be addressed by party vice-president Rahul Gandhi.
"The KMC`s decision not to give permission to the meeting is politically-motivated," state Congress leader Pradip Ghosh alleged.
KMC mayor-in-council (parks) Debasish Kumar, when asked, said that earlier a political party had wanted to hold election meeting at Park Circus, but permission was not granted.
He said, "The EC told KMC that since permission was not given to one party, other parties should also not be given permission to hold meetings there. We will give permission to Congress for holding a meeting on any other ground", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!