Congress asks EC to provide more security to Nagma
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Days after actor-turned-politician Nagma was allegedly harassed during election campaign, the Congress has asked the Election Commission to provide more security to the Bollywood actor, who is contesting the Lok Sabha polls from Meerut.
A commotion broke out at the poll meeting at Jallikoti area organised by Congress for the campaigning of actress Nagma.
Meerut Congress president Salim Bharti admitted to the furore but dismissed reports that a youth manhandled the actress, and she slapped him, which triggered the commotion.
Nagma left the meeting after trying in vain to pacify the crowd.
Bharti said people were coming out in support of the Congress candidate and commotion in such situations was normal.
On March 23, Nagma was in for a shock when a local Congress MLA Gajraj Sharma misbehaved with her during a poll campaign in Hapur.
Nagma was taken aback when MLA Gajraj Sharma attempted to molest her publicly.
Highly annoyed by the MLA`s nasty behaviour, Nagma removed his hand from her body and walked away without addressing her supporters in Hapur where she had gone to inaugurate a party office and to pay obeisance at the local gurudwara.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH