Congress calls legislature party meet Monday
Patna: A meeting of the Congress Legislature party will be held here on Monday to discuss the political situation in Bihar after the resignation of Nitish Kumar as the chief minister, a senior party leader said on Sunday.
"A meeting of the Congress Legislature party has been called at 10:30 am tomorrow," Congress LP leader Sadanand Singh told PTI.
The Congress has four members in the 243-member House at present in the state.
The Congress had voted for Kumar in the trust vote after his split from the NDA in June, last year. But, in the general elections it went with Lalu Prasad`s RJD.
However, it did not announce the withdrawal of support to the Kumar government.
In the wake of resignation of Kumar yesterday, following the severe drubbing JD(U) received in the Lok Sabha elections, the Congress has voiced the need for continuation of a secular government in Bihar to keep `communal` BJP out of power.
Earlier, state Congress vice-president and its media in-charge Prem Chand Mishra had said that the Congress was in touch with the JD(U) for "continuation of a secular government in Bihar in order to keep communal forces led by BJP out of power".
"Congress is keeping an eye over the development in Bihar and its high command will take a decision at the appropriate time," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS