Congress chants `poor, poor` only during elections: Narendra Modi
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Bareilly: Addressing a rally here on Tuesday in the run-up to Lok Sabha elections 2014, BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi hit out at the Congress, saying it remembers the poor only during poll season.
“When elections approach, Congress people start chanting `poor, poor, poor,” Modi said, tearing into the ruling party`s promise of uplifting the downtrodden.
“The government at the Centre has not been able to benefit anyone,” the Gujarat CM added.
Slamming the Congress for opposing his possible prime ministership, Modi said referring to the popular support in his favour, “Congress was celebrating when BJP said that Modi is our PM candidate. What is happening now from Kashmir to Kanyakumari?”
“Jab agla pradhanmantri 300 seats lekar Parliament mein baithega, toh duniya bhi uski baat sunegi,” he added.
Modi also slammed the governance of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, and called on the people to defeat the Samajwadi Party, the BSP and the Congress in Bareilly.
“Ab Bareilly mein jhumka nahi girna hai, ab SABKA (SP, BSP, Congress) girna hai,” he said.
Taking a jibe at Akhilesh, Modi said the UP CM couldn`t even handle Gujarati lions.
“Uttar Pradesh CM was asking for lions. We gave it to him. We thought he would get some `dum` (strength), but he couldn`t handle Gujarati lions,” Modi said, adding, “the Mulayam Singh Yadav family should come to Gir forests to see how lions there roam freely.”
It may be noted that Akhilesh had last year sought four lions from the Gujarat government for UP`s proposed safari park in Etawah.
Selling the Gujarat model of development to the minorities, Modi said, “In Gujarat, 90% of the kite industry has been run by poor Muslims. It`s now worth Rs 500 crores.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31