Congress continues to target Modi over his marital status
Vadodara: Attacking Narendra Modi over his marital status issue, Congress on Friday said that when the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate did not give respect to his wife, how could he talk about giving respect to other women.
Congress spokesperson and All Indian Women Congress president Shobha Oza today said, "Modi`s decision to hide the truth about his marital status was not personal, but a legal issue."
"Modi did not find it important all these years to reveal his marital status. While he was allegedly involved in snoopgate, he had been telling people that he was unmarried," Oza calimed.
"Every time one fight elections, one has to mention in the column the marital status. However, Modi did not mention it all these years. How can he talk about respecting women when he didn`t give any respect to his wife? Modi needs to answer to the nation as to why he hid the truth about his wife for this long," she said.
Oza came down heavily on Modi`s statement on making the country Congress-free, saying, "The poll results will prove that India would be BJP-free."
This time, the Lok Sabha poll is being fought by secular and non-secular forces, she added.
Replying to a query whether Priyanka Gandhi should enter politics, she said it was for her to decide.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview