Congress continues to target Modi over his marital status
Vadodara: Attacking Narendra Modi over his marital status issue, Congress on Friday said that when the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate did not give respect to his wife, how could he talk about giving respect to other women.
Congress spokesperson and All Indian Women Congress president Shobha Oza today said, "Modi`s decision to hide the truth about his marital status was not personal, but a legal issue."
"Modi did not find it important all these years to reveal his marital status. While he was allegedly involved in snoopgate, he had been telling people that he was unmarried," Oza calimed.
"Every time one fight elections, one has to mention in the column the marital status. However, Modi did not mention it all these years. How can he talk about respecting women when he didn`t give any respect to his wife? Modi needs to answer to the nation as to why he hid the truth about his wife for this long," she said.
Oza came down heavily on Modi`s statement on making the country Congress-free, saying, "The poll results will prove that India would be BJP-free."
This time, the Lok Sabha poll is being fought by secular and non-secular forces, she added.
Replying to a query whether Priyanka Gandhi should enter politics, she said it was for her to decide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi