Congress corporator held for money distribution on poll day
Cuttack: A Congress corporator of Cuttack city Giribala Behera was arrested on the charge of distributing money to slum dwellers here for making them vote in favour of the party on Thursday, the police said.
While arresting Behera, the police also seized Rs 30,800 in cash from her possession, the sources said.
She was booked under provisions of the IPC and the Representation of People`s Act.
Polling was held for 11 Lok Sabha seats including Cuttack and 77 Assembly constituencies for the second and final phase of election during the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Revealed! Alia Bhatt to essay the role of a rape victim in 'Udta Punjab'
- This Gurudwara in Iran is a must-visit for Indians, PM Modi too visited on Sunday
- Check out: 7 ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL things to do in Kovalam beach, Kerala!
- Not just cash transactions, IT officials also tracking Facebook posts for foreign tour photos!
- Denmark bags Europe's maiden Thomas Cup title