Congress corporator held for money distribution on poll day
Cuttack: A Congress corporator of Cuttack city Giribala Behera was arrested on the charge of distributing money to slum dwellers here for making them vote in favour of the party on Thursday, the police said.
While arresting Behera, the police also seized Rs 30,800 in cash from her possession, the sources said.
She was booked under provisions of the IPC and the Representation of People`s Act.
Polling was held for 11 Lok Sabha seats including Cuttack and 77 Assembly constituencies for the second and final phase of election during the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'