Congress did not eradicate poverty: Vasundhara Raje
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje today accused Congress of benefiting its leaders, their family members and relatives in last 66 years of its rule instead of eradicating poverty.
"Gandhi parivar`s son-in-law Robert Vadra had Rs 90,000 in 2007 in a company which he set up, and now in last four years, he became owner of Rs 400 cr...This is according to a report of a US newspaper," Raje said while blaming Congress at her campaign tour of Uniara, Tunga, Lalsot and Mania.
She alleged that in previous Ashok Gehlot government, Vadra had bought about 2,503 bigha land from farmers in Bikaner on peanut prices... "this way many other Congress leaders have filled up their pockets".
Refuting allegations of Congress leaders that after winning 168 seats in Assembly polls last year, BJP-led by Chief Minister has inflated its ego, she said it was wrong as the state government was working with "high sensitivity and great transparency".
Rather it was the Congress party in 1998 when Gehlot government was formed on a majority of 158 MLAs and it was flying above the ground realities with ego, she added.
Replying to allegations made by Congress on compensation to farmers after crop damage due to hailstorms recently, Raje said her government had kept Rs 500 cr for affected farmers.
"It was the previous Congress government that did not pay compensation to farmers and now BJP government would pay their dues," she added.
Raje, while highlight her government`s achievements, said that Congress could not link and bring Tonk city on rail map after 60 years of its rule, whereas the BJP government opened a veterinary hospital, and her government would also solve a drinking water problem of Uniara town.
She held a series of poll meetings for BJP candidates contesting on Tonk-Sawaimadhopur, Dausa, and Karauli-Dholpur Lok Sabha seats, which is going to polls on April 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH