Congress did not eradicate poverty: Vasundhara Raje
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje today accused Congress of benefiting its leaders, their family members and relatives in last 66 years of its rule instead of eradicating poverty.
"Gandhi parivar`s son-in-law Robert Vadra had Rs 90,000 in 2007 in a company which he set up, and now in last four years, he became owner of Rs 400 cr...This is according to a report of a US newspaper," Raje said while blaming Congress at her campaign tour of Uniara, Tunga, Lalsot and Mania.
She alleged that in previous Ashok Gehlot government, Vadra had bought about 2,503 bigha land from farmers in Bikaner on peanut prices... "this way many other Congress leaders have filled up their pockets".
Refuting allegations of Congress leaders that after winning 168 seats in Assembly polls last year, BJP-led by Chief Minister has inflated its ego, she said it was wrong as the state government was working with "high sensitivity and great transparency".
Rather it was the Congress party in 1998 when Gehlot government was formed on a majority of 158 MLAs and it was flying above the ground realities with ego, she added.
Replying to allegations made by Congress on compensation to farmers after crop damage due to hailstorms recently, Raje said her government had kept Rs 500 cr for affected farmers.
"It was the previous Congress government that did not pay compensation to farmers and now BJP government would pay their dues," she added.
Raje, while highlight her government`s achievements, said that Congress could not link and bring Tonk city on rail map after 60 years of its rule, whereas the BJP government opened a veterinary hospital, and her government would also solve a drinking water problem of Uniara town.
She held a series of poll meetings for BJP candidates contesting on Tonk-Sawaimadhopur, Dausa, and Karauli-Dholpur Lok Sabha seats, which is going to polls on April 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org