Congress does not even deserve to sit in opposition: Vinod Khanna
Pathankot: Actor-turned-BJP candidate from the Gurdaspur constituency Vinod Khanna on Friday launched a scathing attack on the Congress party, saying it does not even deserve to sit in the opposition on account of various scams.
"The Congress deserves to be wiped out totally. It has no right to even sit in the opposition for the clear reasons that the people were fed up with its acts of omission and commission," Khanna said, addressing a gathering here.
Khanna, who is pitted against Congress`s state unit chief Partap Singh Bajwa, accused the Congress leaders of being "arrogant" and having little respect for democratic values.
"The nation has suffered a lot and time has come when the Congress should be shown the door. For this, the people should get united to defeat it in the Lok Sabha election," he said.
There is a complete Narendra Modi wave in the region, Khanna, a former MP, asserted.
"During the campaign, I realised that the people are aware of the work done by me in my three terms as MP for the betterment of the Gurdaspur parliamentary constituency," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!