Congress doesn`t have competent candidate for PM`s post: BJP
Indore: Senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu on Friday said Congress has not nominated any leader for the top post as they have no one to match the stature of BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
"Congress does not have a competent leader to challenge Modi before the country. This is the reason Congress has not yet presented its prime ministerial candidate," Naidu told reporters at the Indore Press Club.
To a question, Naidu said: "We have to accept the fact that in this country hero worshipping is done. Earlier, Congress was known because of the leadership of Jawaharlal Nehru and today Modi is the face of the BJP."
He said though "Har-Har Modi, Ghar-Ghar Modi" is not the official slogan of the BJP, Congress got frightened of it and started chanting "Dar-Dar Modi, Thar-Thar Modi".
On the issue of Modi contesting Lok Sabha polls from two seats, Naidu said this is not happening for the first time as earlier Sonia Gandhi, Atal Bihari Vajpayee and LK Advani among others did so.
"The law permits a person to do so and if people want to change this system then the country has to make electoral reforms," the BJP leader said.
Claiming that the BJP and its NDA partners would comfortably win 300 seats in the coming Lok Sabha elections, he said for confronting the challenges before the nation, the country requires a government having a good majority.
During the coming parliamentary elections, BJP would get good support from southern states also and out of the total 132 seats, it would win at least 50, he further claimed.
Denying any differences in the party, he stated that the party has complete unity and clarity.
Terming the Jaswant Singh episode as "unfortunate", he, however, said no injustice was done to him as because of local factors he was denied the ticket from Barmer and he should have accepted the party`s decision.
Admitting that BJP does not have sufficient number of Muslim candidates, Naidu said the Opposition is responsible for this situation as they created an "anti-BJP atmosphere" among them.
However, he said, "In both Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh, Muslims have supported the BJP in good numbers and they are coming closer to the party."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery