Congress has given corruption, terrorism and price rise: Gadkari
Bokaro: Former BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Friday alleged that corruption, terrorism and price rise were Congress` giving to the country and if NDA came to power it would solve these problems while bringing down prices by 25 per cent in the first six months.
"Congress is a problem to the country. It has given rise to corruption, terrorism and price rise. It has become a problem to the country. The BJP would reduce price rise by 25 per cent within the first six months if it came to power," Gadkari said while addressing public meetings in areas under Dhanbad LS seat, which goes to the polls on April 24.
Accusing the Congress of failing to deliver good governance, Gadkari alleged since Independence, Congress-led governments have brought "untold miseries" to the country through its "wrong policies".
"Price rise, corruption and bad governance have been the hallmark of the Congress during its tenure... Congress had given the slogan Garibi Hatao (remove poverty), but people have sunk further deep into poverty," claimed the BJP leader.
Accusing Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and RJD supremo Lalu Prasad of indulging in communal politics, Gadkari said, "This election is a chance to change the fate of the country, and if you want to save the country, then make Narendra Modi the Prime Minister."
"What the Congress failed to do in the last so many years, we will do it in five years," Gadkari said, appealing to vote for BJP`s candidate P N Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in