Congress indulging in politics driven by graft, caste: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Wednesday attacked Congress for Priyanka Gandhi`s "neech rajneeti" barb accusing the party of indulging in politics which is driven by corruption and caste considerations.
The party also charged Congress with hatching conspiracies in the last days of election to prevent Narendra Modi from coming to power.
"Congress has touched the lowest level of political and moral decline and instead of introspecting, the party is shamelessly trying to defend its bad governance," BJP Vice President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said.
Taking a swipe at Congress for its "neech rajniti" barb at Modi, he said "Congress` cheap politics has become its own bone of contention. Those indulging in such cheap politics will face a major rout in the elections."
He said Priyanka Gandhi had used the "neech rajneeti" words for Modi and by doing so they are doing the politics of backward and forward castes, which was quite different from Congress known for its politics of "kranti" (revolution) in the past.
Naqvi also attacked Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi for his "toffee" model remarks and said the Centre has praised Gujarat`s land acquisition policy and termed it ideal for other states to emulate.
"His lies about Gujarat land acquisition policy stands exposed by the report sponsored by his own Government that has praised the state`s model...The jijaji model is best model for Rahul and Congress," he said.
Referring to the report prepared on behalf of Department of Industrial Promotion and Policy (DIPP) which has praised the Gujarat land acquisition model as exemplary, he said "in every rally, the Congress vice-president spoke about the toffee model that one gets a toffee in one rupee but in Gujarat you will get land in one rupee".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional