Congress is a mother-son party, says Baba Ramdev
Mumbai: Launching a frontal attack on Nehru-Gandhi family, Yoga guru and supporter of Narendra Modi, Baba Ramdev on Sunday criticized the Congress, calling it a party of `Maa-Beta` (mother and son).
"Supreme Prime Minister is Sonia and her son Rahul Gandhi. Yeh maa-beta party desh ko chala rahe hain (The party of mother and son is ruling the country)," he said, while addressing a press conference here.
"This Maa-Beta party has no sympathy towards the people in the country. They are not concerned about the woes of the people," he alleged.
Exuding confidence that BJP-led by Modi would get a thumping victory, Ramdev said the time has come to bid adieu to Congress.
"Because of illiteracy in most parts of the country people do not know about the sins committed by the Congress," he claimed.
"Congress will get only 40-50 seats. There is not only a Modi wave, but there is a Modi storm which will make big trees fall. I feel that most corrupt leaders from the Congress will flee from the country after the elections," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!