Congress leader Salman Khurshid relates Narendra Modi to `Gabbar`
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: Taking the war of words among the political bigwigs to another level, Congress leader Salman Khurshid on Sunday compared BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi to the popular villain `Gabbar` of 70`s blockbuster movie Sholay.
The External Affair Minister, Khurshid, told ANI that one of Modi`s popular slogans reminds him of Gabbar from Sholay.
“Whenever I see Modi`s poster which reads `Modi aane waale hain`, it reminds me of a dialogue - `Soja nahi toh Gabbar Singh aa jayega` - from Sholay,” said Khurshid.
Khurshid had earlier stirred up a controversy by calling Modi `impotent` during a rally in Farrukhabad. Later, he said that he had done nothing wrong as there was no other appropriate word to describe Modi in the context of the 2002 Gujarat riots.
He had also once compared Modi to the proverbial frog just out of the well.
BJP had condemned both the remarks calling it a `frustration` of the Congress leader ahead of the Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday