Congress leaders` arrogance led to defeat: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today claimed that Congress suffered defeat in Lok Sabha polls due to the "arrogant" behaviour of its leaders.
"The behaviour of the Congress leaders was not good. They always levelled allegations and people did not like that. They were full of arrogance. They made cheap comments," Chouhan told reporters here.
He declined to delve into reasons behind Congress` loss and said that BJP won elections on the development plank.
"I will not go much deeper into it (reasons) but prima facie development was the main issue....
"We have dreamt of a successful India and that is what BJP wanted to do. This was the determination of BJP," Chouhan said.
BJP is set to sweep the state as trends have given it in a lead on 26 seats out of total 29 parliamentary constituencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India