`Congress leaders remember Narendra Modi when it comes to tea`
Gopalganj: In a taunt directed at Rahul Gandhi for promising to set up a watch factory here, BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Friday said sugarcane grew abundantly in the district and sugar was used in making tea.
"Sugar is used to prepare tea which even Obama drinks, but Congress leaders remember Modi when it comes to tea," he told an election meeting here.
"They even hesitate to drink tea in public," he claimed recalling his childhood tea vendor days.
Later speaking in Siwan, Modi criticised the Congress-RJD alliance and warned them against giving protection to criminal elements to vitiate polling for the Siwan Lok Sabha seat on May 12.
Apparently aware that the incarcerated RJD strongman Md. Shahabuddin was from Siwan district, Modi urged the Election Commission to deploy para military forces at all booths for free and fair polling.
While Modi began his address enthusiastic supporters broke through two barricades, creating pandemonium, to hear him speak.
Police led by Sub-Divisional Police Officer Manoj Kumar Basantri made a baton charge to restore order, police sources said.
None was injured in the baton charge, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued