Congress leadership takes `cognisance` of Antulay`s defiance
Mumbai: Congress leadership has taken "cognisance" of the open defiance by its senior leader and former chief minister AR Antulay who is sulking over ceding Raigad Lok Sabha seat to alliance partner NCP.
Defying the party, the veteran has issued a letter to Congress workers in Raigad to not work for the NCP nominee Sunil Tatkare, and has publicly pledged support to the Peasants and Workers Party (PWP) candidate.
Tatkare is contesting against Shiv Sena`s sitting MP Anant Gite from this seat. Former IPS officer Sanjay Apranti is in the fray as Aam Aadmi Party candidate.
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan had personally met Antulay and apprised him on the party`s decision to swap the Raigad parliamentary seat with NCP.
Chavan said yesterday he had a "good meeting" with Antulay, but refused to elaborate.
According to party sources, the Congress leadership had taken cognisance of Antulay`s defiance.
In Ratnagiri-Sindhudurg constituency, NCP MLA from Sawantwadi Deepak Kesarkar has been at the loggerheads with sitting Congress MP Nilesh Rane, son of Congress leader Narayan Rane.
NCP president Sharad Pawar and Prithviraj Chavan will be visiting the constituency on April 13 to canvass for Nilesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'