Congress leadership takes `cognisance` of Antulay`s defiance
Mumbai: Congress leadership has taken "cognisance" of the open defiance by its senior leader and former chief minister AR Antulay who is sulking over ceding Raigad Lok Sabha seat to alliance partner NCP.
Defying the party, the veteran has issued a letter to Congress workers in Raigad to not work for the NCP nominee Sunil Tatkare, and has publicly pledged support to the Peasants and Workers Party (PWP) candidate.
Tatkare is contesting against Shiv Sena`s sitting MP Anant Gite from this seat. Former IPS officer Sanjay Apranti is in the fray as Aam Aadmi Party candidate.
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan had personally met Antulay and apprised him on the party`s decision to swap the Raigad parliamentary seat with NCP.
Chavan said yesterday he had a "good meeting" with Antulay, but refused to elaborate.
According to party sources, the Congress leadership had taken cognisance of Antulay`s defiance.
In Ratnagiri-Sindhudurg constituency, NCP MLA from Sawantwadi Deepak Kesarkar has been at the loggerheads with sitting Congress MP Nilesh Rane, son of Congress leader Narayan Rane.
NCP president Sharad Pawar and Prithviraj Chavan will be visiting the constituency on April 13 to canvass for Nilesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!