Congress likely to finalise Lok Sabha and assembly candidates
Hyderabad: Congress is likely to finalise its candidates for Lok Sabha and Legislative Assembly elections in the Seemandhra region in a few days.
Andhra Pradesh (Seemandhra region) Congress Committee president N Raghuveera Reddy, Union minister and Congress campaign committee chief Chiranjeevi and other senior party leaders held consultations here today on selecting candidates.
Raghuveera Reddy told reporters that the list of shortlisted nominees would soon be presented to the Congress high command in Delhi and candidates are likely to be finalised in a few days.
Under flak for the "unilateral" bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, Congress is said to be facing a tough time in Seemandhra, to such an extent that the grand old party found it difficult to find suitable candidates for local body elections being held in AP before Lok Sabha and Assembly polls.
Simultaneous elections to the Lok Sabha and the Assembly would be held in Seemandhra on May 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown