Congress likely to finalise Lok Sabha and assembly candidates
Hyderabad: Congress is likely to finalise its candidates for Lok Sabha and Legislative Assembly elections in the Seemandhra region in a few days.
Andhra Pradesh (Seemandhra region) Congress Committee president N Raghuveera Reddy, Union minister and Congress campaign committee chief Chiranjeevi and other senior party leaders held consultations here today on selecting candidates.
Raghuveera Reddy told reporters that the list of shortlisted nominees would soon be presented to the Congress high command in Delhi and candidates are likely to be finalised in a few days.
Under flak for the "unilateral" bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, Congress is said to be facing a tough time in Seemandhra, to such an extent that the grand old party found it difficult to find suitable candidates for local body elections being held in AP before Lok Sabha and Assembly polls.
Simultaneous elections to the Lok Sabha and the Assembly would be held in Seemandhra on May 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Saudi Airlines flight halted for 3 days in Ahmedabad!
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Suicide bombing in Kabul kills 10 people
- REVEALED: Why did Yuzvendra Chahal issue a public apology to team-mate AB de Villiers
- I have not applied for any role with Australian cricket team, clarifies Jason Gillespie
- BJP nominates Piyush Goyal from Maharashtra for Raya Sabha election
- Your financial strength could impact your romantic relationships – Read more