Congress likely to finalise Lok Sabha and assembly candidates
Hyderabad: Congress is likely to finalise its candidates for Lok Sabha and Legislative Assembly elections in the Seemandhra region in a few days.
Andhra Pradesh (Seemandhra region) Congress Committee president N Raghuveera Reddy, Union minister and Congress campaign committee chief Chiranjeevi and other senior party leaders held consultations here today on selecting candidates.
Raghuveera Reddy told reporters that the list of shortlisted nominees would soon be presented to the Congress high command in Delhi and candidates are likely to be finalised in a few days.
Under flak for the "unilateral" bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, Congress is said to be facing a tough time in Seemandhra, to such an extent that the grand old party found it difficult to find suitable candidates for local body elections being held in AP before Lok Sabha and Assembly polls.
Simultaneous elections to the Lok Sabha and the Assembly would be held in Seemandhra on May 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog