Congress likely to finalise Lok Sabha and assembly candidates
Hyderabad: Congress is likely to finalise its candidates for Lok Sabha and Legislative Assembly elections in the Seemandhra region in a few days.
Andhra Pradesh (Seemandhra region) Congress Committee president N Raghuveera Reddy, Union minister and Congress campaign committee chief Chiranjeevi and other senior party leaders held consultations here today on selecting candidates.
Raghuveera Reddy told reporters that the list of shortlisted nominees would soon be presented to the Congress high command in Delhi and candidates are likely to be finalised in a few days.
Under flak for the "unilateral" bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, Congress is said to be facing a tough time in Seemandhra, to such an extent that the grand old party found it difficult to find suitable candidates for local body elections being held in AP before Lok Sabha and Assembly polls.
Simultaneous elections to the Lok Sabha and the Assembly would be held in Seemandhra on May 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Three federal police officials killed in Mexico
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership