Congress MLA allegedly attacked in Lucknow
Lucknow: Congress MLA from Delhi Hasan Ahmad was on Friday allegedly attacked by a group of youths here during a press conference.
About 15-20 youths entered the hotel premises, where Hasan, who has been appointed observer by Congress for Uttar Pradesh, was addressing a press conference and manhandled him.
"They (attackers) said that you are here to talk against Kalbe Jawwad (s Shia cleric) and started manhandling me. They also attacked me with cold drink bottle", Hasan, MLA from Mustafabad seat of Delhi, said.
He said that he has lodged an FIR in this regard.
When contacted, the person who picked Jawwad`s phone said that he was not available.
Jawwad had recently issued an appeal not to vote for Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you