Congress MLA allegedly attacked in Lucknow
Lucknow: Congress MLA from Delhi Hasan Ahmad was on Friday allegedly attacked by a group of youths here during a press conference.
About 15-20 youths entered the hotel premises, where Hasan, who has been appointed observer by Congress for Uttar Pradesh, was addressing a press conference and manhandled him.
"They (attackers) said that you are here to talk against Kalbe Jawwad (s Shia cleric) and started manhandling me. They also attacked me with cold drink bottle", Hasan, MLA from Mustafabad seat of Delhi, said.
He said that he has lodged an FIR in this regard.
When contacted, the person who picked Jawwad`s phone said that he was not available.
Jawwad had recently issued an appeal not to vote for Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies
- Silicon Valley leads avalanche of quarterly reports
- UN backs plan to rid Libya of chemical weapons
- Gunmen kill at least eight in Munich shopping mall, shooters on the run
- Please do not speculate: Police to commentators