Congress MLA allegedly attacked in Lucknow
Lucknow: Congress MLA from Delhi Hasan Ahmad was on Friday allegedly attacked by a group of youths here during a press conference.
About 15-20 youths entered the hotel premises, where Hasan, who has been appointed observer by Congress for Uttar Pradesh, was addressing a press conference and manhandled him.
"They (attackers) said that you are here to talk against Kalbe Jawwad (s Shia cleric) and started manhandling me. They also attacked me with cold drink bottle", Hasan, MLA from Mustafabad seat of Delhi, said.
He said that he has lodged an FIR in this regard.
When contacted, the person who picked Jawwad`s phone said that he was not available.
Jawwad had recently issued an appeal not to vote for Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan