Congress mortgaged honour of electorate to stay in power: BJP
Jammu: Alleging that the Congress leadership in the state and at the Centre had mortgaged the electorate`s honour and dignity "simply to stay in power", opposition BJP on Saturday called upon the people to vote in favour of the party to safeguard their survival.
"The Congress leadership in the state and at the Centre had mortgaged the honour and dignity of the electorate simply to stay in power," BJP candidate from the Udhampur Lok Sabha seat Jatinder Singh told a rally in Udhampur district today.
He urged the people to vote against the assault on nationalism and respond "decisively to the injury and insult afflicted on our national pride" by yesterday`s terror attacks in Dayalachak.
Singh said the people of this region are victims of both Kashmir-centric dominance and regular terror attacks sponsored by Pakistan.
"In such a deadly situation, (BJP prime ministerial candidate) Narendra Modi has arrived as a rescuer but if we fail to seize this opportunity, we shall be doomed forever and our children will never forgive us," he said.
He said that there were certain specific issues concerning the region and that it also deserved to be developed as an important tourist destination.
On the Rs 25,000-crore Roshni scam involving land, Singh said if his party came to power a probe would be ordered into it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj