Congress names nominee for south Chennai at last hour
Chennai: The Congress today named SV Ramani as its candidate for south Chennai constituency hours before the deadline for filing nominations for the April 24 Lok Sabha polls ends.
After much dilly-dallying, Tamil Nadu Congress President BS Gnandesikan announced the name of Ramani, the party`s national media coordinator for the seat currently held by the AIADMK.
Ramani has held various positions in the party and currently is also a member of the Communications Department of the All India Congress Committee. With this, the Congress has announced candidates for all the 39 Lok Sabha constituencies in Tamil Nadu.
The party has also named Nanjil V Easwara Prasad, Congress Alandur Town president, as its candidate for the bypoll to the Alandur assembly constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America