Congress names nominee for south Chennai at last hour
Chennai: The Congress today named SV Ramani as its candidate for south Chennai constituency hours before the deadline for filing nominations for the April 24 Lok Sabha polls ends.
After much dilly-dallying, Tamil Nadu Congress President BS Gnandesikan announced the name of Ramani, the party`s national media coordinator for the seat currently held by the AIADMK.
Ramani has held various positions in the party and currently is also a member of the Communications Department of the All India Congress Committee. With this, the Congress has announced candidates for all the 39 Lok Sabha constituencies in Tamil Nadu.
The party has also named Nanjil V Easwara Prasad, Congress Alandur Town president, as its candidate for the bypoll to the Alandur assembly constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack