Congress names nominee for south Chennai at last hour
Chennai: The Congress today named SV Ramani as its candidate for south Chennai constituency hours before the deadline for filing nominations for the April 24 Lok Sabha polls ends.
After much dilly-dallying, Tamil Nadu Congress President BS Gnandesikan announced the name of Ramani, the party`s national media coordinator for the seat currently held by the AIADMK.
Ramani has held various positions in the party and currently is also a member of the Communications Department of the All India Congress Committee. With this, the Congress has announced candidates for all the 39 Lok Sabha constituencies in Tamil Nadu.
The party has also named Nanjil V Easwara Prasad, Congress Alandur Town president, as its candidate for the bypoll to the Alandur assembly constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena