Congress` Oza targets Modi over his marital status
Vadodara: Attacking Narendra Modi over his marital status issue, Congress today said that when the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate did not give respect to his wife, how could he talk about giving respect to other women.
Congress spokesperson and All Indian Women Congress president Shobha Oza today said, "Modi`s decision to hide the truth about his marital status was not personal, but a legal issue."
"Modi did not find it important all these years to reveal his marital status. While he was allegedly involved in snoopgate, he had been telling people that he was unmarried," Oza calimed.
"Every time one fight elections, one has to mention in the column the marital status. However, Modi did not mention it all these years. How can he talk about respecting women when he didn`t give any respect to his wife? Modi needs to answer to the nation as to why he hid the truth about his wife for this long," she said.
Oza came down heavily on Modi`s statement on making the country Congress-free, saying, "The poll results will prove that India would be BJP-free."
This time, the Lok Sabha poll is being fought by secular and non-secular forces, she added.
Replying to a query whether Priyanka Gandhi should enter politics, she said it was for her to decide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark