Congress` Oza targets Modi over his marital status
Vadodara: Attacking Narendra Modi over his marital status issue, Congress today said that when the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate did not give respect to his wife, how could he talk about giving respect to other women.
Congress spokesperson and All Indian Women Congress president Shobha Oza today said, "Modi`s decision to hide the truth about his marital status was not personal, but a legal issue."
"Modi did not find it important all these years to reveal his marital status. While he was allegedly involved in snoopgate, he had been telling people that he was unmarried," Oza calimed.
"Every time one fight elections, one has to mention in the column the marital status. However, Modi did not mention it all these years. How can he talk about respecting women when he didn`t give any respect to his wife? Modi needs to answer to the nation as to why he hid the truth about his wife for this long," she said.
Oza came down heavily on Modi`s statement on making the country Congress-free, saying, "The poll results will prove that India would be BJP-free."
This time, the Lok Sabha poll is being fought by secular and non-secular forces, she added.
Replying to a query whether Priyanka Gandhi should enter politics, she said it was for her to decide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September