Congress paid for its anti-people policies: Tripura Chief Minister
Agartala: Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar today said the country rejected Congress and it UPA allies in the recently-concluded Lok Sabha polls because of its anti-people policies.
Addressing the media at the civil secretariat here this evening after the final results of the counting process became obvious, the CM said that the BJP gained maximum benefit out of the anti-Congress vibe across the country.
"This is the worst result for the Congress since Independence. Majority of the people has rejected Congress for its anti-people policy," he said.
Sarkar, however, appeared hopeful that the BJP would fulfil aspirations of the people of the country.
Talking about Trinamool Congress` victory in West Bengal, Sarkar alleged that Lok Sabha polls in the state were held amidst heavy violence `organised by the ruling party` influencing the results.
Sarkar pointed out that all political parties except TMC raised questions over the role of the Election Commission in conducting the polls in Bengal.
Left Front candidates trended ahead of Congress candidates by at least five lakh votes in West Tripura constituency and four lakh votes in East Tripura Lok Sabha seat.
Speaking about victorious trend of the two Left candidates in Tripura, Sarkar congratulated electors of the state saying that victory with such `huge margin` was historic since past several parliament elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women