Congress plays down absence of Lalu in Rahul, Sonia rallies in Bihar
Patna: Playing down the absence of RJD chief Lalu Prasad in election meetings of Sonia Gandhi and Rahul in Bihar, the state Congress on Monday refuted any rift in the alliance and reminded that there was no example of joint address by the two leaders.
"There is no tradition of joint poll campaign," PCC Vice President and media in-charge Prem Chand Mishra told reporters.
He dismissed suggestion of any "rift" in the tie-up for the 40 Lok Sabha seats in Bihar and said, "There should be no doubt about our alliance with the RJD due to this."
Rahul will hit the campaign trail in Bihar tomorrow with a rally at Aurangabad in favour of former Kerala Governor Nikhil Kumar.
Sonia will address a rally in Sasaram on April 3 in favour of Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar.
"Both Congress and RJD have full understanding over the alliance and campaigning is being done under a special plan. The leaders will go wherever they are needed the most," Mishra explained.
Prasad has already campaigned for Congress candidates in Aurangabad and Sasaram asking his supporters to vote for them, Mishra said.
The RJD chief had yesterday dodged a question as to whether he had been invited to rallies to be addressed by Sonia or Rahul. "Why are you asking questions that are confusing," he had said.
Mishra said the BPCC has invited Sonia and Rahul to campaign in all six phases of Lok Sabha elections in Bihar.
"We have requested them to address public rallies in all phases of elections here. Kishanganj, Purnia, Muzaffarpur, Samastipur and Supaul could be the possible places among others in this regard," Mishra said.
Meanwhile, the BPCC has requested the party central leadership to contest at least three out of the five Assembly bye-elections in Baisi, Chiraiya, Sahebpur Kamal, Kochadhaman and Maharajganj.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray