Congress releases poll manifesto for Telangana
Hyderabad: Congress on Saturday released its election manifesto for Telangana, promising socially-inclusive growth with focus on jobs and social justice and a three-pronged approach for building the new state.
The manifesto, released here this afternoon by Union Minister Jairam Ramesh, looked largely like a replica of the manifestos of rival parties.
Congress said it would now work with people to ensure that their aspiration for "self-determination and development through political empowerment" was achieved in a "time-bound and meaningful" manner.
Jairam dubbed the Telangana Congress manifesto as "responsive and responsible" and said a State Advisory Council, on the lines of the National Advisory Council, comprising experts from the civil society would monitor its implementation.
"We will bring out an annual report on the implementation of our manifesto," he added.
"Yeh (Congress manifesto) Diwali ke liye hai. TRS ka diwala (bankruptcy) ke liye hai," the Union Minister said, taking a dig at the promises made by the rival party.
The Congress promised to adopt a policy that is sensitive to the needs of all sections, with special focus on socially and economically backward sections.
It promised to promote socially-inclusive growth with focus on jobs, livelihoods, social justice and secure to all people universal access to rights, entitlements and services.
For 50 lakh families of farmers in the region, Congress promised to grant a "one-time relief" of Rs 10,000 each and a similar one-time grant of Rs 1 lakh to each of the 4.5 lakh women self-help groups for their livelihoods.
These two promises come in the wake of loan waiver to farmers and SHG women promised by the Telugu Desam and the Telangana Rashtra Samiti.
For the state government employees, the party promised to enhance the retirement age to 60 years from the current 58 and for unemployed youth it promised a grant of Rs 10,000 each for skill development training.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Amethi: Rahul Gandhi faces protests from angry villagers
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'