Congress should get Rahul Gandhi married instead of attacking Narendra Modi: Shiv Sena
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: The Shiv Sena has launched a scathing attack on the Congress saying that the grand old party should first get its vice president Rahul Gandhi married rather than commenting on Bharatiya Janata Party prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s marital status.
Criticising the ruling government for repeatedly throwing barbs at Modi over his marital status, the Shiv Sena in its mouthpiece `Saamana` said that those who think that they can get Modi involved in a legal battle on his marriage life are foolish.
In its editorial, the Shiv Sena questioned Congress and asked whether attacking Modi on the particular issue will bring down inflation and bring back the black money siphoned off in the coal blocks allocation scam.
Throwing its weight behind the Gujarat Chief Minister, the Shiv Sena said that Modi and Jashodaben were married at tender age and they mutually agreed to live separately and the BJP`s PM candidate became a RSS pracharak.
While filing his nomination papers for the Vadodara Lok Sabha seat in Gujarat, Modi had for the first time mentioned his spouse`s name as Jashodaben under that column.
So far, Modi used to leave the column of spouse which is to be filled in an affidavit as blank. He had kept the column as blank in 2012 Assembly elections as well.
However, for the 2014 Lok Sabha election affidavit, in the column where he has to declare assets in the name of his wife, Modi has written that he has no information on it.
Modi is also contesting election from Varanasi where he is challenging Aam Aadmi Party candidate Arvind Kejriwal and Congress` local MLA Ajay Rai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!