Congress should support Third Front government: Akhilesh
Etawah: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday asked Congress to help in formation of Third Front government at the Centre after polls if it really wants to stop communal party like BJP.
"If Congress was really serious about stopping communal BJP, it should help in formation of Third front government at the Centre," Yadav said while talking to reporters after casting his vote.
Yadav, who is also the chief of party`s state unit, said that there would not be a problem in formation of a Third Front government as in more that two third of the states, parties of third front would win majority of seats.
He also claimed that only SP was fighting against communal forces like RSS and VHP, and accused Congress of giving up its fight against such forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!