Congress suffered due to anti-incumbency and inflation: Meghalaya Chief Minister
Shillong: Meghalaya Chief Minister Mukul Sangma today congratulated BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on the party`s sweeping success in the Lok Sabha elections saying the Congress suffered due to anti-incumbency and a bad economic phase leading to inflation in the country.
Accepting defeat, the Congress leader said he hoped the new government at the Centre would deliver and live up to the expectations of billions of people in the country.
"I congratulate the BJP leader for the thumping victory. I hope his (Modi`s) government deliver the goods and be generous to the people of North East and Meghalaya," Mukul told PTI.
Acknowledging the Congress defeat, the Chief Minister said, "We accept people`s decision and we will try to correct the wrongs."
According to the Congress leader from Meghalaya, "Congress suffered anti-incumbency and a bad economic phase which led to inflation across the country."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'