Congress suffered due to anti-incumbency and inflation: Meghalaya Chief Minister
Shillong: Meghalaya Chief Minister Mukul Sangma today congratulated BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on the party`s sweeping success in the Lok Sabha elections saying the Congress suffered due to anti-incumbency and a bad economic phase leading to inflation in the country.
Accepting defeat, the Congress leader said he hoped the new government at the Centre would deliver and live up to the expectations of billions of people in the country.
"I congratulate the BJP leader for the thumping victory. I hope his (Modi`s) government deliver the goods and be generous to the people of North East and Meghalaya," Mukul told PTI.
Acknowledging the Congress defeat, the Chief Minister said, "We accept people`s decision and we will try to correct the wrongs."
According to the Congress leader from Meghalaya, "Congress suffered anti-incumbency and a bad economic phase which led to inflation across the country."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion