Congress urges DEO to act against Modi for model code violation
Vadodara: City Congress party president Narendrakumar Rawat has written a letter to Vadodara district Electoral officer (DEO) and district magistrate demanding action against Narendra Modi who is contesting from Vadodara Lok Sabha seat, for allegedly violating the model code.
"Today all newspapers printed photographs of roads being dug. As per the Election Commission`s notification, damage to public or private property by any party or candidate is a punishable crime and cost of the same has to be borne by the party or candidate," Rawat`s letter said.
"Barricading was provided for Modi`s nomination filing rally and hence you (DEO) are requested to book him for violation of the model code of conduct and also recover the cost of barricading and reconstruction of the entire road which is approximately Rs 20,000 per square metre," his letter said.
Rawat has requested the DEO to ensure that all officers responsible are punished for negligence of duty and damage to public property to favour a BJP candidate.
"Why this barricading is allowed? Who has approved the same? Under what provision such instructions were given and who is the authority of the same? If this was allowed under the excuse of security, then is there any such precedence in the country where roads are barricaded for security even if the person has? `Z` category security and especially for filing nomination? Who are the officers who permitted this extravagance at tax payers` cost," his letter said.
Rawat`s letter said that if there were security concerns, the police commissioner should not have permitted the political roadshow or provided more security personnel and that no candidate in the country has been provided such facilities by the state to file nominations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!