Congress wants to get rid of some leaders by forcing them into poll fray: SAD
Ludhiana: Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) on Sunday alleged that the Congress party had hatched a conspiracy to "get rid" of some of its "bigwigs" by fielding them in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections from Punjab.
SAD president and Punjab deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said here today that all senior Congress leaders contesting the polls "will face defeat", and their political career would come to an end.
He claimed that the SAD-BJP alliance would win all 13 Lok Sabha seats in Punjab.
Congress has fielded former Chief Minister Amarinder Singh from Amritsar, former Union minister Ambika Soni from Anandpur Sahib and leader of Opposition in Punjab Assembly Sunil Jakhar from Ferozepur.
Sukhbir said BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi was the only hope for the country as only he could put the nation on path of development.
Meanwhile, Congress`s Ludhiana district unit president Jagmohan Sharma today resigned from the party to join SAD. Sharma remained the president of Congress`s Ludhiana District Unit (Urban) for 10 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly