Congress will get only enough MPs to fill train coach: Trinamool Congress
Panaji: The Congress will get only enough MPs to fill a railway compartment in the Lok Sabha election, Trinamool Congress spokesperson Derek O`Brien said here Friday.
"Remember a railway compartment has only 72 seats..." O`Brien said.
The spokesperson was speaking to reporters during his Goa visit to campaign for the Trinamool`s sole candidate Churchill Alemao, contesting from the South Goa constituency.
O`Brien said the Trinamool would be the third largest party in the Lok Sabha and no government would be formed at the Centre without the say of his party.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, who is also the party chief, would not mind leading a group of chief ministers to form a government at the Centre, O`Brien added.
"It is not called the Third Front but the All India Federal Front, which will have chief ministers who have good track records of development in their state," O`Brien said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre