Congress will play `secularism` card to halt Modi march: BJP
Hyderabad: BJP on Monday alleged that Congress will use "trick of secularism in danger" to prevent Narendra Modi from becoming the Prime Minister and appealed to voters in Seemandhra to support NDA to ensure that a hotch-potch coalition does not take over the reins in Delhi.
"Congress will try its best to get a ragtag coalition to keep Narendra Modi out and they will yet again raise the bogie of `secularism in danger`, its famous old dirty trick. It is not secularism but it is Congress which is in danger.
"Please keep your future in mind while you vote. Its Modi-led NDA or chaotic ragtag coalition. Choice is yours," BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu said in a statement.
Polling for the 175 Assembly and 25 Lok Sabha seats in Seemandhra would take place on May 7.
At the state level, it is important to have a Government which can implement the assurances given to Seemandhra while bifurcating Andhra Pradesh, the former BJP President said.
The BJP`s alliance partner TDP has ability to provide a stable and strong Government in the residuary state of Andhra Pradesh, Naidu maintained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27