Congress will play `secularism` card to halt Modi march: BJP
Hyderabad: BJP on Monday alleged that Congress will use "trick of secularism in danger" to prevent Narendra Modi from becoming the Prime Minister and appealed to voters in Seemandhra to support NDA to ensure that a hotch-potch coalition does not take over the reins in Delhi.
"Congress will try its best to get a ragtag coalition to keep Narendra Modi out and they will yet again raise the bogie of `secularism in danger`, its famous old dirty trick. It is not secularism but it is Congress which is in danger.
"Please keep your future in mind while you vote. Its Modi-led NDA or chaotic ragtag coalition. Choice is yours," BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu said in a statement.
Polling for the 175 Assembly and 25 Lok Sabha seats in Seemandhra would take place on May 7.
At the state level, it is important to have a Government which can implement the assurances given to Seemandhra while bifurcating Andhra Pradesh, the former BJP President said.
The BJP`s alliance partner TDP has ability to provide a stable and strong Government in the residuary state of Andhra Pradesh, Naidu maintained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family