Congress won`t win more than 50 seats: Ramdev
Kolhapur: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Saturday said that Congress would not win more than 50 seats in the ongoing Lok Sabha elections.
Addressing a press conference here with Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray, Ramdev announced his support to the "Maha-yuti" -- the opposition alliance of Sena, BJP and three other parties -- in Maharashtra.
"Congress cannot expect victory on more than 50 seats," Ramdev said. Industrialist Rajkumar Dhoot too was present on the occasion.
To a question, Ramdev said AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal had become a stooge of the Congress. "He has given up the issue of corruption and embraced the issue of communalism," he said.
To a question about controversy over BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi revealing his marital status for the first time in his election affidavit, Uddhav Thackeray said: "If Modi`s wife does not have any problem with that, what is the issue for the press here?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO