Congress won`t win more than 50 seats: Ramdev
Kolhapur: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Saturday said that Congress would not win more than 50 seats in the ongoing Lok Sabha elections.
Addressing a press conference here with Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray, Ramdev announced his support to the "Maha-yuti" -- the opposition alliance of Sena, BJP and three other parties -- in Maharashtra.
"Congress cannot expect victory on more than 50 seats," Ramdev said. Industrialist Rajkumar Dhoot too was present on the occasion.
To a question, Ramdev said AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal had become a stooge of the Congress. "He has given up the issue of corruption and embraced the issue of communalism," he said.
To a question about controversy over BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi revealing his marital status for the first time in his election affidavit, Uddhav Thackeray said: "If Modi`s wife does not have any problem with that, what is the issue for the press here?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves