Corruption deep-rooted in Madhya Pradesh: Sonia
Sidhi: Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Thursday hit out at the BJP by saying that it had no right to talk about corruption, as the malaise was deep-rooted in Madhya Pradesh, a state ruled by the saffron party.
Addressing an election rally at the Sanjay Gandhi College ground here, the Congress president said that everyone was aware of the Professional Examination Board scam that took place during the BJP rule in the state.
Similarly there had been a large-scale corruption in the awarding of mining contracts in Madhya Pradesh but BJP avoided talking about the issue, she said.
Ministers and officials were involved in corruption but there was no talk of taking any action against them, she added.
Congress has fielded Indrajeet Kumar Patel from Sidhi. Patel had lost in 2009 from the same seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'