Corruption deep-rooted in Madhya Pradesh: Sonia
Sidhi: Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Thursday hit out at the BJP by saying that it had no right to talk about corruption, as the malaise was deep-rooted in Madhya Pradesh, a state ruled by the saffron party.
Addressing an election rally at the Sanjay Gandhi College ground here, the Congress president said that everyone was aware of the Professional Examination Board scam that took place during the BJP rule in the state.
Similarly there had been a large-scale corruption in the awarding of mining contracts in Madhya Pradesh but BJP avoided talking about the issue, she said.
Ministers and officials were involved in corruption but there was no talk of taking any action against them, she added.
Congress has fielded Indrajeet Kumar Patel from Sidhi. Patel had lost in 2009 from the same seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi