Counting for lone Mizo LS seat tomorrow
Aizawl: Elaborate arrangements have been made for counting of votes tomorrow for the lone Lok Sabha seat in Mizoram.
Polling for the seat and the Hrangturzo assembly by-polls was held on April 11 last.
Votes polled in all the eight districts would be counted in the district headquarters here and those polled in Hrangturzo assembly seat would be counted in Serchhip, State joint chief electoral officer H. Lalengmawia said.
Out of the 7,09,110 total electorate, 4,26,083 voters (61.06 per cent) including 2,134,77 women electorate exercised franchise in the electronic voting machines, while 7,993 voters out of the 11,243 Bru electorate in the Tripura relief camps exercised franchise through personal ballot, he said.
The total voter turnout including the Bru votes was 62.20 per cent.
The contest in the Mizoram Lok Sabha seat is between three candidates - the sitting MP C L Ruala of the ruling Congress, Michael Lalmanzuala of the Aam Aadmi Party and Robert Romawia Royte an independent candidate sponsored by the eight opposition party combine called the United Democratic Front (UDF).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port