Counting for lone Mizo LS seat tomorrow
Aizawl: Elaborate arrangements have been made for counting of votes tomorrow for the lone Lok Sabha seat in Mizoram.
Polling for the seat and the Hrangturzo assembly by-polls was held on April 11 last.
Votes polled in all the eight districts would be counted in the district headquarters here and those polled in Hrangturzo assembly seat would be counted in Serchhip, State joint chief electoral officer H. Lalengmawia said.
Out of the 7,09,110 total electorate, 4,26,083 voters (61.06 per cent) including 2,134,77 women electorate exercised franchise in the electronic voting machines, while 7,993 voters out of the 11,243 Bru electorate in the Tripura relief camps exercised franchise through personal ballot, he said.
The total voter turnout including the Bru votes was 62.20 per cent.
The contest in the Mizoram Lok Sabha seat is between three candidates - the sitting MP C L Ruala of the ruling Congress, Michael Lalmanzuala of the Aam Aadmi Party and Robert Romawia Royte an independent candidate sponsored by the eight opposition party combine called the United Democratic Front (UDF).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living