Court asked to restrain Owaisi`s hate speech video on YouTube
New Delhi: A lawyer Thursday moved a court here seeking a permanent restraint on Andhra Pradesh legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi`s hate speech being aired on YouTube, saying that it is hurting the sentiments of the various religious communities.
Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) leader Owaisi had delivered the controversial speeches at public meetings in Nizamabad and Nirmal in the state Dec 8 and 22, 2012 respectively. Police took action after the speeches went viral over social networking sites and some people lodged complaints with police and courts.
Followed by the complaints, Owaisi, an legislator from Andhra Pradesh`s Chanrayanagutta assembly was arrested, but later he was released on bail in January 2013.
Advocate Amit Sahni told civil judge Vikrant Vaid that alleged video is continuously broadcast by YouTube and it is hurting the sentiments of the various religious communities, and sought a permanent restraint from posting the contents of video, which are easily visible and accessible to every common man on the YouTube website.
The court has listed the matter for April 22 for further hearing.
"The purpose of the video and contents thereof are in any case is to misled and misguide the innocent members of the Muslim community and to imbalance the religious harmony in the country for political gain. The defendants (You Tube) are continuously broadcasting the same, which is against the very secular fabric of the constitution of India," Sahni said in his plea.
He said that it may lead to dangerous consequences in the society and it is necessary for preserving the peace in the society as well as to preserve the secular character of the nation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested