Court asked to restrain Owaisi`s hate speech video on YouTube
New Delhi: A lawyer Thursday moved a court here seeking a permanent restraint on Andhra Pradesh legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi`s hate speech being aired on YouTube, saying that it is hurting the sentiments of the various religious communities.
Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) leader Owaisi had delivered the controversial speeches at public meetings in Nizamabad and Nirmal in the state Dec 8 and 22, 2012 respectively. Police took action after the speeches went viral over social networking sites and some people lodged complaints with police and courts.
Followed by the complaints, Owaisi, an legislator from Andhra Pradesh`s Chanrayanagutta assembly was arrested, but later he was released on bail in January 2013.
Advocate Amit Sahni told civil judge Vikrant Vaid that alleged video is continuously broadcast by YouTube and it is hurting the sentiments of the various religious communities, and sought a permanent restraint from posting the contents of video, which are easily visible and accessible to every common man on the YouTube website.
The court has listed the matter for April 22 for further hearing.
"The purpose of the video and contents thereof are in any case is to misled and misguide the innocent members of the Muslim community and to imbalance the religious harmony in the country for political gain. The defendants (You Tube) are continuously broadcasting the same, which is against the very secular fabric of the constitution of India," Sahni said in his plea.
He said that it may lead to dangerous consequences in the society and it is necessary for preserving the peace in the society as well as to preserve the secular character of the nation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future