CPI, CPI(M) to fight together in Tamil Nadu
New Delhi: The CPI and the CPI(M) will together fight the AIADMK, DMK and the Congress party in Tamil Nadu on 18 Lok Sabha seats for the first time since 1964.
"In Tamil Nadu, the CPI and the CPI(M) are contesting on 18 Lok Sabha seats for the first time together since the united CPI split in 1964," CPI(M) Politburo member Sitaram Yechury said.
"We are contesting these seats to win, opposing all other forces including AIADMK, DMK and the Congress," he said.
Asked about the post poll scenario, he said, "What happens after the elections will be decided only then depending on the post poll result scenario".
"After elections the Left is committed to work for a non-Cong, non-BJP government that will implement alternative pro-people policies," he said.
On March 6, CPI(M) and CPI had called off their month-old alliance with the Jayalalithaa-led party after getting miffed over ruling AIADMK`s "approach" in finalising seat-sharing agreement for the Lok Sabha polls in Tamil Nadu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter