CPI, CPI(M) to fight together in Tamil Nadu
New Delhi: The CPI and the CPI(M) will together fight the AIADMK, DMK and the Congress party in Tamil Nadu on 18 Lok Sabha seats for the first time since 1964.
"In Tamil Nadu, the CPI and the CPI(M) are contesting on 18 Lok Sabha seats for the first time together since the united CPI split in 1964," CPI(M) Politburo member Sitaram Yechury said.
"We are contesting these seats to win, opposing all other forces including AIADMK, DMK and the Congress," he said.
Asked about the post poll scenario, he said, "What happens after the elections will be decided only then depending on the post poll result scenario".
"After elections the Left is committed to work for a non-Cong, non-BJP government that will implement alternative pro-people policies," he said.
On March 6, CPI(M) and CPI had called off their month-old alliance with the Jayalalithaa-led party after getting miffed over ruling AIADMK`s "approach" in finalising seat-sharing agreement for the Lok Sabha polls in Tamil Nadu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!