CPI-M announces names of three LS candidates from AP
New Delhi: The CPI(M) on Saturday announced the names of three more of its candidates who would contest Lok Sabha elections from Andhra Pradesh, taking the total number of its nominees to 97.
The party would come out with "some more" names from the state shortly, a CPI(M) statement said.
The candidates are N Narsimha Reddy from Nalgonda in the Telangana region, Ch Seetha Ramulu from Bhuvanagiri and Midiam Baburao from the Araku (ST) constituency.
The CPI(M) has been opposing the carving out of a separate Telangana state from Andhra Pradesh, as opposed to its Left ally CPI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win