CPI-M announces names of three LS candidates from AP
New Delhi: The CPI(M) on Saturday announced the names of three more of its candidates who would contest Lok Sabha elections from Andhra Pradesh, taking the total number of its nominees to 97.
The party would come out with "some more" names from the state shortly, a CPI(M) statement said.
The candidates are N Narsimha Reddy from Nalgonda in the Telangana region, Ch Seetha Ramulu from Bhuvanagiri and Midiam Baburao from the Araku (ST) constituency.
The CPI(M) has been opposing the carving out of a separate Telangana state from Andhra Pradesh, as opposed to its Left ally CPI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court