Cricketer Azharuddin among 16 candidates file nomination
Jaipur: Cricketer-turned politician and Congress candidate Mohammed Azharuddin was among 16 candidates who filed their nomination papers on Thursday for Rajasthan`s five Lok Sabha seats where polling will be held on April 24.
Azharuddin filed his nomination papers from the Tonk- Sawaimadhopur Lok Sabha seat to contest against BJP candidate Sukhbir Singh Jaunpuria, an EC official said.
While five candidates filed their papers from Bharatpur, three each from Tonk-Sawaimadhopur and Alwar, and two each from Dausa and Karauli-Dholpur Lok Sabha seats.
Since March 29, when the filing of nominations began, 42 candidates have filed their papers so far for the five seats.
The last date of filing of nominations is April 5 while scrutiny of papers will be held on April 7, and withdrawal of papers would be allowed till April 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan