Crucial fifth phase Bihar poll tomorrow
Patna: The crucial fifth phase Lok Sabha election in Bihar on Wednesday will decide the fate of LJP president Ramvilas Paswan and Rabri Devi, former state chief minister Lalu Prasad`s wife.
Of the seven constituencies going to the poll, the two most important are Hajipur(SC) and Saran, both situated in the Gangetic plains of Bihar, from where Ramvilas Paswan and Rabri Devi are contesting. A total 118 candidates are contesting the seven seats.
The other five seats are: Sheohar, Sitamarhi, Muzaffarpur, Maharajganj and Ujiyarpur.
Polling would also be held in Chiraiya and Maharajganj Assembly constituencies in this phase also.
After the end of this round of election, polling will be completed in 34 of the 40 Lok Sabha seats in Bihar.
Five of the seven LS seats going to the poll had been won by JD(U) in 2009 while Saran and Maharajganj had gone to RJD.
Over 1.08 crore electorate are eligible to cast their votes in 9,804 polling stations amidst elaborate security arrangement. The Indo-Nepal border has been sealed for the purpose.
Elaborate security measures have been taken for the smooth conduct of the poll. Two helicopters will be deployed for air surveillance and 66,211 jawans will be put on duty to man the polling stations, state chief secretary AK Sinha said.
A total of 145 companies of the central para-military forces, will also be put on duty besides seven units of the mounted police, 36 motor boats, adequate number of motorized boats and 375 motorcycles for patrolling in riverine areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!