Crucial fifth phase Bihar poll tomorrow
Patna: The crucial fifth phase Lok Sabha election in Bihar on Wednesday will decide the fate of LJP president Ramvilas Paswan and Rabri Devi, former state chief minister Lalu Prasad`s wife.
Of the seven constituencies going to the poll, the two most important are Hajipur(SC) and Saran, both situated in the Gangetic plains of Bihar, from where Ramvilas Paswan and Rabri Devi are contesting. A total 118 candidates are contesting the seven seats.
The other five seats are: Sheohar, Sitamarhi, Muzaffarpur, Maharajganj and Ujiyarpur.
Polling would also be held in Chiraiya and Maharajganj Assembly constituencies in this phase also.
After the end of this round of election, polling will be completed in 34 of the 40 Lok Sabha seats in Bihar.
Five of the seven LS seats going to the poll had been won by JD(U) in 2009 while Saran and Maharajganj had gone to RJD.
Over 1.08 crore electorate are eligible to cast their votes in 9,804 polling stations amidst elaborate security arrangement. The Indo-Nepal border has been sealed for the purpose.
Elaborate security measures have been taken for the smooth conduct of the poll. Two helicopters will be deployed for air surveillance and 66,211 jawans will be put on duty to man the polling stations, state chief secretary AK Sinha said.
A total of 145 companies of the central para-military forces, will also be put on duty besides seven units of the mounted police, 36 motor boats, adequate number of motorized boats and 375 motorcycles for patrolling in riverine areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH