Crucial fifth phase Bihar poll tomorrow
Patna: The crucial fifth phase Lok Sabha election in Bihar on Wednesday will decide the fate of LJP president Ramvilas Paswan and Rabri Devi, former state chief minister Lalu Prasad`s wife.
Of the seven constituencies going to the poll, the two most important are Hajipur(SC) and Saran, both situated in the Gangetic plains of Bihar, from where Ramvilas Paswan and Rabri Devi are contesting. A total 118 candidates are contesting the seven seats.
The other five seats are: Sheohar, Sitamarhi, Muzaffarpur, Maharajganj and Ujiyarpur.
Polling would also be held in Chiraiya and Maharajganj Assembly constituencies in this phase also.
After the end of this round of election, polling will be completed in 34 of the 40 Lok Sabha seats in Bihar.
Five of the seven LS seats going to the poll had been won by JD(U) in 2009 while Saran and Maharajganj had gone to RJD.
Over 1.08 crore electorate are eligible to cast their votes in 9,804 polling stations amidst elaborate security arrangement. The Indo-Nepal border has been sealed for the purpose.
Elaborate security measures have been taken for the smooth conduct of the poll. Two helicopters will be deployed for air surveillance and 66,211 jawans will be put on duty to man the polling stations, state chief secretary AK Sinha said.
A total of 145 companies of the central para-military forces, will also be put on duty besides seven units of the mounted police, 36 motor boats, adequate number of motorized boats and 375 motorcycles for patrolling in riverine areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir