DEC issues notice to Kejriwal over Rajghat meeting
New Delhi: Delhi Election Commission on Wednesday issued notice to AAP leader and former Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal for holding a meeting without permission at Rajghat yesterday and asked him submit his reply by tomorrow.
Arvind Kejriwal was yesterday slapped by a man during a roadshow in Sultanpuri area of North West Delhi in second such attack in last four days.
The AAP leader later called off the roadshow and went to Rajghat where he sat for over an hour.
Manish Sisodia, Gopal Rai and Somnath Bharti were among scores of party leaders and workers who joined Kejriwal at Rajghat.
Niharika Rai, Deputy Election Officer (East), said, "Arvind Kejriwal is issued a notice today for holding a meeting at Rajghat without permission and has been asked to reply by 10 AM tomorrow."
However, AAP denied that Kejriwal held any meeting at Rajghat.
Dilip Pandey, AAP spokesperson, said, "Arvind merely visited Rajghat as an aam aadmi (common man) and there was no meeting there. The Election Commission probably did not know about this."
In addition to Kejriwal, AAP candidate from Chandni Chowk constituency, Ashutosh, was also issued a notice today by the commission over his Twitter remarks against his opponent and Union Minister Kapil Sibal.
Ashutosh in a series of tweets has alleged that Sibal has "distributed" money in the constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre