DEC issues notice to Kejriwal over Rajghat meeting
New Delhi: Delhi Election Commission on Wednesday issued notice to AAP leader and former Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal for holding a meeting without permission at Rajghat yesterday and asked him submit his reply by tomorrow.
Arvind Kejriwal was yesterday slapped by a man during a roadshow in Sultanpuri area of North West Delhi in second such attack in last four days.
The AAP leader later called off the roadshow and went to Rajghat where he sat for over an hour.
Manish Sisodia, Gopal Rai and Somnath Bharti were among scores of party leaders and workers who joined Kejriwal at Rajghat.
Niharika Rai, Deputy Election Officer (East), said, "Arvind Kejriwal is issued a notice today for holding a meeting at Rajghat without permission and has been asked to reply by 10 AM tomorrow."
However, AAP denied that Kejriwal held any meeting at Rajghat.
Dilip Pandey, AAP spokesperson, said, "Arvind merely visited Rajghat as an aam aadmi (common man) and there was no meeting there. The Election Commission probably did not know about this."
In addition to Kejriwal, AAP candidate from Chandni Chowk constituency, Ashutosh, was also issued a notice today by the commission over his Twitter remarks against his opponent and Union Minister Kapil Sibal.
Ashutosh in a series of tweets has alleged that Sibal has "distributed" money in the constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority