DEC issues notice to Kejriwal over Rajghat meeting
New Delhi: Delhi Election Commission on Wednesday issued notice to AAP leader and former Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal for holding a meeting without permission at Rajghat yesterday and asked him submit his reply by tomorrow.
Arvind Kejriwal was yesterday slapped by a man during a roadshow in Sultanpuri area of North West Delhi in second such attack in last four days.
The AAP leader later called off the roadshow and went to Rajghat where he sat for over an hour.
Manish Sisodia, Gopal Rai and Somnath Bharti were among scores of party leaders and workers who joined Kejriwal at Rajghat.
Niharika Rai, Deputy Election Officer (East), said, "Arvind Kejriwal is issued a notice today for holding a meeting at Rajghat without permission and has been asked to reply by 10 AM tomorrow."
However, AAP denied that Kejriwal held any meeting at Rajghat.
Dilip Pandey, AAP spokesperson, said, "Arvind merely visited Rajghat as an aam aadmi (common man) and there was no meeting there. The Election Commission probably did not know about this."
In addition to Kejriwal, AAP candidate from Chandni Chowk constituency, Ashutosh, was also issued a notice today by the commission over his Twitter remarks against his opponent and Union Minister Kapil Sibal.
Ashutosh in a series of tweets has alleged that Sibal has "distributed" money in the constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- US forces on ground in Syria aiding key anti-IS fight
- See pics: Tim Kopra shares exquisite scenic views of two places in Africa!
- Labour reforms not essential for industrial growth: FM Jaitley
- PM Narendra Modi's Pakistan policy is courageous and realistic, believe 79% Indians: Survey on 2 years of NDA
- Investor wealth surges by over Rs 2.69 lakh crore in three days