Declare Haroli assembly segment hyper sensitive: BJP urges EC
Shimla: BJP on Saturday urged the Election Commission to declare entire Haroli assembly segment falling under the Hamirpur Lok Sabha constituency of Himachal Pradesh as `hyper-sensitive`.
State BJP president Satpal Singh Satti, in a letter to CEC, apprehended trouble in the assembly segment ahead of polling for Hamirpur Lok Sabha seat on May 7.
He also demanded deployment of central security forces in the assembly segment for?conduct of free and fair polls.
Satti accused State Industries Minister Mukesh Agnihotri who represents the Haroli constituency of flexing money and muscle power.
"The police is working at the behest of Agnihotri and people have lost confidence in police. In this condition, central security forces be deployed in Haroli to ensure fair and peaceful polls," Satti said in his letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users